Where the people are nicer...
Pssst, hey you! Yeah, you with the face! You better log in or register before Shizuo decides to throw a vending machine at YOU for a change!
Pssst, hey you! Yeah, you with the face! You better log in or register before Shizuo decides to throw a vending machine at YOU for a change!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Durarara!! Roleplay Forum. This is a place where mature, literate roleplayers can gather and have fun~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» House Hunting [OPEN]
Avoid "One-Liners" I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:16 pm by ViolentLlama

» Ask Masaomi Kida!
Avoid "One-Liners" I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:41 pm by ViolentLlama

» Psychics...ugh!
Avoid "One-Liners" I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:35 pm by ViolentLlama

» Dani's OCs
Avoid "One-Liners" I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:21 pm by Seliphra

» Bodyguard [Psyche, V-138 & Tsugaru]
Avoid "One-Liners" I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:11 pm by Nishikigoi

» Gathering Pride [Masaomi, Izaya]
Avoid "One-Liners" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:20 pm by Lyss

» Ts-Tsukishima h-here!
Avoid "One-Liners" I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:10 pm by Seliphra

» Home Invaders [Izaya, Mairu & Kururi]
Avoid "One-Liners" I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:18 pm by ViolentLlama

» A new meeting [Tsukishima and Roppi]
Avoid "One-Liners" I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:20 am by Juu

Poll
Would You Rather...?
Always get away with lying?
Avoid "One-Liners" I_vote_lcap33%Avoid "One-Liners" I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Always know when others are lying?
Avoid "One-Liners" I_vote_lcap67%Avoid "One-Liners" I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Avoid "One-Liners"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaniCojo

DaniCojo

Avoid "One-Liners" Empty
PostSubject: Avoid "One-Liners"   Avoid "One-Liners" I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Quote :
<b>Definition of a "One-liner"</b>

A "One-liner" is a person who posts only one line of action and/or dialogue and expects an appropriate reaction to their post.

One-liners are notorious role players who can gain large post quantities, but fail to accomplish what matters the most in role playing: <b>quality.</b>

Quality is far more important that quantity. It's essential because it not only makes your posts look impressive and more developed, but also develops your characters!!

Lets show an example:

Quote :
Xylander paused for a moment, catching his breath and glaring at his opponent. He smirked, "Let's see what you've got." With a grunt he swung his sword.

As you can see, that post is VERY short and to the point. This type of response is generally more common on threads. However, it lacks the structure to develop your character.

Now, let's compare to a more detailed response.

Quote :
Skidding back on the ground, Xylander regained his composure. He paused, catching his breath as he eyed his sparring partner. He narrowed his eyes, watching every subtle movement his opponent made.

He knew that he had to be quick. He was fighting a very agile student from the Academy, and if he planned on winning this fight, he needed to catch his partner off guard.

With a smirk, Xylander gripped his sword tighter in his hand.

"Let's see what you've got."

As soon as his opponent stepped into his range, he attacked. Lifting his heavy sword with a grunt, he swung it in a large arc in hopes of landing a solid blow.

The second post is considerably better than the first. Not only did the same action occur, but you also saw into the character's mind for a moment. This can allow character development to happen!

Remember, posts can range from a few sentences, to multiple paragraphs. The key is to make sure it's a decent size and help build your character while still replying to the previous post.

Back to top Go down
http://www.danicojo.tumblr.com

Avoid "One-Liners"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Where the people are nicer... :: Miscellaneous Fun and Games :: Tips and Techniques :: Roleplay Tips-
Jump to: