Where the people are nicer...
Pssst, hey you! Yeah, you with the face! You better log in or register before Shizuo decides to throw a vending machine at YOU for a change!
Pssst, hey you! Yeah, you with the face! You better log in or register before Shizuo decides to throw a vending machine at YOU for a change!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Durarara!! Roleplay Forum. This is a place where mature, literate roleplayers can gather and have fun~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» House Hunting [OPEN]
The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:16 pm by ViolentLlama

» Ask Masaomi Kida!
The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:41 pm by ViolentLlama

» Psychics...ugh!
The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:35 pm by ViolentLlama

» Dani's OCs
The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:21 pm by Seliphra

» Bodyguard [Psyche, V-138 & Tsugaru]
The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:11 pm by Nishikigoi

» Gathering Pride [Masaomi, Izaya]
The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:20 pm by Lyss

» Ts-Tsukishima h-here!
The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:10 pm by Seliphra

» Home Invaders [Izaya, Mairu & Kururi]
The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:18 pm by ViolentLlama

» A new meeting [Tsukishima and Roppi]
The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:20 am by Juu

Poll
Would You Rather...?
Always get away with lying?
The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_vote_lcap33%The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Always know when others are lying?
The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_vote_lcap67%The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hibi-chan

The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] Empty
PostSubject: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:54 pm

In my crown, I am KING

Hibiya was exhausted. The day was drawing to a close and so was his shift at the club. He hated the new job. He hated the way customers expected things of him so rudely! He hated not being able to get things right and the fact that there were others who seemed to enjoy nothing more than pushing him around because he was the "new guy". And he hated having to work long hours in this dingy place... He hated cleaning and having to do such menial tasks that the servants had always taken care of at his house before. He was used to the staff taking care of it all! And then he had to remind himself that he was the staff.

And when he finished up for the day he'd have to return home to Izaya. He didn't want to do that. He didn't want to deal with his cousin... Or the fact that since he had moved to Ikebukuro nothing had quite turned out like he wanted. And his one friend, Alfred, was in a stable and he would not have time to visit him before the day was over. It would have to wait until tomorrow and whether or not he could drag himself out of the apartment before it was time to work. He certainly wasn't used to being this tired. He was exhausted.

"These commoners make having such menial jobs look so easy... The staff never seemed to complain of this... " He murmured as he finished cleaning up by the bar area, or worked at it. This area needed to be clean before the nighttime customers started to come in...

And all he could think of as he worked was finishing up this last task so he could put his crown on, go home, and maybe feel like himself again. The proud Prince Hibiya Orihara instead of a menial worker at the bottom of the totem pole.
I LOVE their ENDLESS worshipping~
Back to top Go down
Nishikigoi

Nishikigoi

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:15 pm

It was one of those nights already. He could tell that the moment he was screaming out of his apartment he shared with Psyche and sprinting down the road. A bag swung from his shoulder, holding a mix of things because he hadn't had time for them. He was running far behind, so far it would be a miracle that he would make it to the club before his clientele arrived.

He shortened the trip by running through an alley, thanking whatever gods were above him that it hadn't rained today. He didn't need to be wearing his spare pants at work again.

You would think after all this time he would get more on time about these things. Ah, but he was at least getting better. He turned into a doorway and smiled brightly as the cafe women greeted him with the sight of the hazel elixir. He flashed a grin, throwing the money down and running for it again.

The club seemed to be trickling in with its business a bit slow today. He slowed to a calmer pace as he waltzed inside only to pause, checking his watch.

He was an hour early.

"For the love a-" his voice trailed off as his gaze flickered up to see a new face going around the counter. He was a goner once he saw the grimace. He sipped at his drink and followed after the brunet.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1968804/Prustrian_Informant
Hibi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:37 pm

In my crown, I am KING

The blond's entrance was not lost on Hibiya. He knew of him, of course. Everyone who worked at the club knew of Delic Heiwajima. And yes, when your cousin who had helped you get the job was his roommate you knew more than you cared to know about them. And from that knowledge and hearsay Hibiya knew quite finitely that he didn't want anything to do with the host. Because who wanted anything to do with someone like that? Not when he'd already gained quite the reputation....

But that didn't mean that Hibiya didn't notice him when he walked in. Or rushed in. The easy grin to the woman at the cafe... the way he could just throw down money like that. And, in light of his current situation, Hibiya had to admit there was a small flame of jealousy as he watched. Why couldn't he have that same confidence working here? Everyone seemed fit to put him down!

Muttering darkly to himself he continued to work on cleaning up the bar area, wanting even more to escape the club. He hated it here! Even Izaya's apartment seemed a better place to be than here!
Back to top Go down
Nishikigoi

Nishikigoi

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:53 pm

"Well hello there," Delic began, following after the new employee despite the looks he got and the motions to move away. "I must be either completely ignorant to my coworkers or just plain crazy not to have noticed you here before." He smiled broadly. "Heiwajima Delic, at your service. I'm glad we're getting more decent people around here. With how much busier we're getting around here, it's nice to have all the help we can get."

Appropriate, slightly flattering; overall he was happy with his greeting to the new worker. It would be rude to flat out ask if he was related to Psyche, although he looked almost exactly like him.

Back to top Go down
Hibi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:11 pm

In my crown, I am KING

Hibiya stiffened when he heard the man come up behind him and attempt to start conversation. Could he not see he was working? Could he not tell that Hibiya was trying to finish quickly so that he could leave and get out of this wretched place? And the prince certainly had absolutely no desire to speak to him. At all.

"I am quite aware of who you are." Hibiya almost spat after the introduction. "Do you not have young women to woo somewhere else? Because, as you have stated, I am an employee. And I am on shift, unlike you, and I would not like my boss to become disgruntled with my performance and dispose of me because you are distracting me from my work!"

Hibiya didn't ask Delic to leave outright, but the demand hung in the air as Hibiya didn't even turn to face Delic with his rant, nor did he stop his work. He hoped that those things would be enough of a hint that Delic would get the picture and leave him alone.
Back to top Go down
Nishikigoi

Nishikigoi

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:24 pm

"It's a good thing I'm friends with our boss then." He moved around the table, trying to get the eye contact with the brunet. His temper flared a bit at the wooing comment. He wasn't so easy.

"Do you often insult people you first meet or is it something about me in particular that you find so grotesque?"

Back to top Go down
Hibi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:37 pm

In my crown, I am KING

Hibiya, in turn, deliberately moved to keep from giving Delic the eye contact he wanted. He had no desire to look into this man's eyes or give him anything that he wanted.

"I have heard enough about you, Delic Heiwajima, to know that I have no desire to be associated with you." He had broken Psyche's heart, hurt him, and done a number of things to his cousin that he wasn't about to stand for. Not to mention he was a host. He made his money offering false relationships to people for money. "We do not have enough in common for any kind of working relationship to work. I would suggest that you leave now and save both of us the inconvenience."
Back to top Go down
Nishikigoi

Nishikigoi

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Delic looked around a moment before grabbing a towel from nearby, trying to help the man out and continue to have the chance to talk. Geez was he just a finicky, pushy thing. He wasn't quite sure why he was bothering.

"You know nothing about me, just as I know nothing about you. I don't know who you've been talking to, but they seem to have some sour grapes going on."

He had merely greeted the man for goodness sake. How could he know so immediately and completely that he did not like him? How could he know anything about him without knowing him in general.

"Besides, don't you find it rude when people make assumptions about you without knowing you personally?"

Back to top Go down
Hibi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:02 pm

In my crown, I am KING

Hibiya scowled, almost barking at the man not to help him with his job. But if he helped it would mean he would be done faster, and he couldn't argue that that was ultimately what he wanted. So he would let the Commoner help him with his tasks and in the end he would be rewarded with being able to leave earlier and the Commoner would have helped him get away. Just what he deserved, after all.

"It would be silly to assume that people don't make assumptions on people the very moment they meet." Hibiya responded tersely. "You area always given clues for how to read people. I know your profession, which gives me certain clues to how you are based on what is required of you for your job. Not to mention the way you carry yourself, and the way you approached me. On top of this I can also draw from the stories I have heard personally from those close to me. This gives me plenty of reason to say that I do not want to be associated with the likes of you."

And with that, he finished cleaning up the area. With a satisfied smirk, he put the things down. He wanted to show how relieved he was to be done.. Another day under his belt and gone. But he couldn't. Not in front of this man who would no doubt capitalize on it.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have finished my tasks for today and am permitted to leave." He started away to head back to the back rooms and collect his things and clock out. He was looking forward to maybe taking advantage of Izaya's large bathroom and luxuriating in a bath tonight...
Back to top Go down
Nishikigoi

Nishikigoi

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:12 pm

"You wound me, dear man." Delic followed after him, not taking the hints nor reading the clear get lost meaning in the air. He wandered straight to the back and frowned, becoming quickly upset by this.

"Based on the fact that I'm not glowering at every table in the place and having to entertain people so they won't have to feel alone; that makes me a bad person? You can't judge a person based on their occupation. "

What kind of shit was that? He was trying to be successful and help the place become more than some dingy night based club, which was working since the place seemed to get busier with each passing week.

Back to top Go down
Hibi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:06 pm

In my crown, I am KING

The man persisted! And it only infuriated Hibiya more than Delic followed him clear from the room where he'd been working all the way to the back. Didn't he have a job to do or something? He was here for work obviously, so he should go do that and leave Hibiya alone so he could go home.

"It is not simply your occupation, if you would pay any attention to my entire statement." Hibiya responded, his tone showing his rapidly declining patience with the man. "I know about you. You personally. And I am appalled by what I have heard of you Delic Heiwajima! So if you would kindly leave me alone so I can carry on it would be much appreciated!"

There was a firm stomp of his foot as he whirled to look the host directly in the eye. He'd talked to Psyche. He knew what this man was capable of and the games he liked to play. The heartbreak that followed. And while the man might be attractive, might have a nice smile and alluring magenta eyes... Hibiya knew to stay away. They only meant danger, danger and heart break and things that Hibiya was not willing to submit himself to.
Back to top Go down
Nishikigoi

Nishikigoi

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:16 pm

Delic froze as he finally got a glimpse of those eyes. Deep, solid, breathtaking golden. Like the finest woven gold that he had ever seen. The brunet's eyes were filled with venom, clearing telling him to leave, but he was far too beguiled now. He couldn't resist the enigma, someone so clearly out of place being a worker here. Someone who looked, acted, spoke as if he was far too intelligent to be busing tables and taking orders.

For whatever reason the man reminded him of bed time tales, of arrogant aristocracy. He couldn't put his finger on why.

"You know me personally, huh? Ah, but I find that unfair. You know so much about me, but here I know absolutely nothing about you. I don't even know the name of my golden-eyed, self-proclaimed nemesis. I don't even know what horror stories you've been fed. For the record, I don't throw things and I don't do fake dates like my cousins."

He might as well defend himself a bit. The opportunity to stay and speak with the man was far too much of a pleasure to pass up.

Back to top Go down
Hibi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:41 pm

In my crown, I am KING

This kind of confrontation didn't scare Hibiya. No, not at all. He had been trained since he was a child to deal with this kind of confrontation. When someone wouldn't take the indirect clues that told them to back off, than face-to-face confrontation was necessary. And this was practically a textbook example of that. This man, this common, low, host was being increasingly annoying and he wasn't going to take it any longer.

So hands on his hips, trying to make a show of being solid and strong, golden eyes focused on Delic he presented himself. His eyes were fierce, and kept their focus trained straight forward on him. They didn't waver anywhere, not for one second... Not away from those eyes.. those eyes that were trained back on him. He tried not to let that affect him at all, but that was proving to be rather difficult. They were so... so different than anything he'd seen before. Even Psyche's didn't seem so pink...

"If you think I am foolish enough to lump all of you Heiwajimas together than you are surely mistaken. I know that each of you are quite different, but that doesn't make it any different! And it is my knowledge of you that makes me not want to know you any better. You will be detrimental to me, just as you were to Psyche! I will not be caught up in your games, Delic Heiwajima! I am not some prize for you to win and cast off when you find something better as is your way!"

Hibiya should have just walked away. He should just leave. But he was enthralled by the argument, ready to bury this blond into the ground. He had done far too much damage and he wanted to make sure he would come nowhere near him again!
Back to top Go down
Nishikigoi

Nishikigoi

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:00 pm

Ah, so there was a relation to Psyche here. He could practically see them being confused for twins. That must mean...

"Ah, so you must be Hibiya then." Delic kept his gaze glued to those eyes, the deep color begging him to stay and continue this argument just to be in his presence just a little bit longer. "I'll have you know that Psyche and I were set on friendship and agreed to mutual friends with benefits. I only hurt his feelings because I didn't want to lead him on. I didn't want him to think we could have more when I didn't have my heart in it, so I stopped fooling around with him. I'm assuming something along those lines is what you heard."

He remained in place, trying to keep that eye contact lest the prince decide their conversation was done and leave.

Back to top Go down
Hibi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:12 pm

In my crown, I am KING

This caused Hibiya to start, eyes widening slightly. Delic knew his name? And he seemed to have some idea of who he was as well. That wasn't supposed to happen. He wasn't supposed to know about him! After a moment's thought Hibiya realized how foolish that was. Of course Psyche would talk about him to his roommate. But that didn't mean Delic had anything to besmirch his name!

"Yes, that would be me." Hibiya responded, standing up straighter and regathering himself, trying to keep looking cool and collected. "And those events are not the only place that your poison has spread! You have caused him a great deal more grief in the way you handled him. You are lucky I did not sweep him away and force him to come live with me to protect him from your vile touch!"

Delic had tried to ruin Psyche's relationship with Tsugaru. And while, yes, Hibiya was protective of his cousin and wasn't sure of his judgment far be it from the man who had broken his heart first to try and prevent him from happiness! No, Hibiya would not stand for that!
Back to top Go down
Nishikigoi

Nishikigoi

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:23 pm

"In the way I handled him? That's amusing considering he and most of your cousins seem to just be so much more kind to him. We have our disagreements, I'll admit that, but that doesn't mean I don't want what's best for him."

He moved a bit closer, "But that's Psyche we're talking about. You seem quite intent on basing your opinion of me off of someone else's views and stories." He set his coffee on a nearby table and took the man's hand into his own, returning to that gaze only to beg with his eyes.

"Come have dinner with me. One night of your choosing. I'll wait as long as I have to and pay for any place you would like to go in town. If, by the end of the night, you still think we shouldn't meet again, I'll avoid you completely. If not, I'll look forward to another dinner and possibly talking again around here."

He could persuade the man that he wasn't so bad.

Back to top Go down
Hibi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:23 am

In my crown, I am KING

Hibiya stiffened at Delic moving closer, approaching him within the realm of his personal space and threatening to upset the balance. And then.... and then he was touching him. He was touching him, and breaking his bubble in a way that he rarely ever permitted anyone to break his personal space bubble.

The offer surprised him. He wasn't sure what to make of it, or what to say in response. Dinner with this man? He still was dangerous... He still had heard of his ways from other employees who worked at the club. He was a host! This was the kind of job they did only to cast you away and yet he seemed to think there'd be more than one? It left Hibiya confused... But at the same time it was all too alluring... To be able to pick where he ate, to be doted on instead of growled at by that woman who seemed to cook too many of the meals he ate at Izaya's... The idea of fine dining...

"You wish to take me to dinner? Then take me tonight. This is all I will accept if you wish to try and convince me of your merit. Will this work for you, Heiwajima-san?"

He waited for an answer, almost smirking in victory. This would make it easy to reject... If he couldn't do it tonight he could say no and leave it at that. No more fine food to lure him away...
Back to top Go down
Nishikigoi

Nishikigoi

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:39 am

The boss was going to kill him. No no, he was going to skin him alive and dump him in the bay. He knew this game, but he knew he liked the idea of a shotgun sprung relationship. Hibi was giving him a nice big test to start things out, a sort of make or break.

"Tonight sound perfect by my standards,"
    he purred, flashing one hell of a smile before he turned. " I'm not in the hosting mood at any rate so this works for me.",

"Shall we leave now then?"

Back to top Go down
Hibi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:22 am

In my crown, I am KING

That was not what was supposed to happen! Delic wasn't supposed to agree! His job was supposed to be important and that he wouldn't miss it for anything so Hibiya would have a way out! He hadn't planned on Delic saying yes... He had no idea how to deal with him saying yes other than to go... He couldn't be rude and say no after he'd made such conditions and Delic had risen to meet them. But perhaps, perhaps this just meant that he was going to need to give Delic a chance... Because if he was that determined to take it, than he could at least reward his determination. And he had to admit he was still intrigued by the man.

"Very well then! But first you must take your leave! I must change and cannot do so with you in here. So leave, or I shall cancel these plans!"

So he shooed Delic out, needing the moment to compose himself and change out of the uniform which he had been wearing all day. He wanted the feel of his own clothing, not this...
Back to top Go down
Nishikigoi

Nishikigoi

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:36 am

Delic rolled his eyes, heading out the door at his own leisure.

"Keep in mind we can go anywhere you would like. No matter what price or how fancy. I'm up for anything you have in mind."

He shut the door quietly behind himself, flashing a smile to the brunet as the door shut.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]   The End of A Shift [DeliHibi] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The End of A Shift [DeliHibi]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Where the people are nicer... :: Japan :: Ikebukuro-
Jump to: