Where the people are nicer...
Pssst, hey you! Yeah, you with the face! You better log in or register before Shizuo decides to throw a vending machine at YOU for a change!
Pssst, hey you! Yeah, you with the face! You better log in or register before Shizuo decides to throw a vending machine at YOU for a change!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Durarara!! Roleplay Forum. This is a place where mature, literate roleplayers can gather and have fun~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» House Hunting [OPEN]
Alice's OC I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:16 pm by ViolentLlama

» Ask Masaomi Kida!
Alice's OC I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:41 pm by ViolentLlama

» Psychics...ugh!
Alice's OC I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:35 pm by ViolentLlama

» Dani's OCs
Alice's OC I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:21 pm by Seliphra

» Bodyguard [Psyche, V-138 & Tsugaru]
Alice's OC I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:11 pm by Nishikigoi

» Gathering Pride [Masaomi, Izaya]
Alice's OC I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:20 pm by Lyss

» Ts-Tsukishima h-here!
Alice's OC I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:10 pm by Seliphra

» Home Invaders [Izaya, Mairu & Kururi]
Alice's OC I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:18 pm by ViolentLlama

» A new meeting [Tsukishima and Roppi]
Alice's OC I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:20 am by Juu

Poll
Would You Rather...?
Always get away with lying?
Alice's OC I_vote_lcap33%Alice's OC I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Always know when others are lying?
Alice's OC I_vote_lcap67%Alice's OC I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Alice's OC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AliceMochizuki

Alice's OC Empty
PostSubject: Alice's OC   Alice's OC I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 4:57 pm

Full Name: Caiden Albatross Peregrine
Nickname(s):
Birthdate: March 17
Physical appearance:
Caiden has a lean body with slight muscle. He never wears shirts but always wears a baggy black jacket with kitty ears, dark jeans, and black boots with red paw prints on the soles. He also wears one black kitty paw on his left hand. His eyes are a shiny, dull blue and his hair is a shade darker than dry sand. His skin is a pale peach color that looks paler due to his clothing. His face is a light slender and his chin ends in a point. His is 5’9 and weighs about 130-135 pounds.
Personality:
Caiden can’t live without sweets. If he sees a cat he will spend at least half an hour petting and playing with it. To most he seems indifferent. Caiden isn’t really a leader or a follower; he just does his own thing. He would never openly give affection to a human. He might give them sweets without even speaking to them. He loves candy but if he is in love with someone he would give up candy as a form of his loyalty. It's sort of like how a cat will bring its kill to its owners as a sign of affection. The cat wants to eat it but will gladly give it away to prove its love for the owner.He doesn’t seem to really know how to express himself. He isn’t selfish; he is willing to help others if they ask.
Caiden is a complete introvert. He used to be an outgoing individual, but after his mother’s death he began to close himself off to others. He became even more introverted when his father avoided talking to him and brought Caiden into a new environment only two days after his mother’s death. When alone he might listen to music and sing the lyrics. He is a hard worker who will do everything asked of him to the best of his abilities. He may not seem friendly but after some time he will open up to those who continue to push into his space. He will still be slightly reserved.
Background:
He was born in Pembroke, Wales to Nia Peregrine and Daniel Peregrine. His mother does not work and his father is a lawyer. When he was little his mother would take him to an animal shelter to see the animals, where he developed his love for kittens. His father refused to have pets in the household so he never had a kitten of his own. In second grade there was a group of boys who bullied him and took his things. When his mother found out she convinced her husband to put him in a self-defense class where he learned some karate. He used these techniques to run away from his attackers and defend himself from gangs. He is an average student getting Bs and the occasional A.
Before sixth grade his mother fell ill. When she died Caiden’s father was given a job at a firm in Kyoto, Japan. Mr. Peregrine was rarely home during his work at the firm. Caiden was home a lot during these times. The neighbors would occasionally invite him over for dinner. At first the invitations were rejected. Then the neighbor’s daughter, Aki, came over to his home and dragged him over for dinner. When Caiden walked into Aki’s home he automatically noticed the cat on the carpet. He spent most of the evening playing with the cat. The family tried to engage in conversation with him, but he only gave basic responses. After a few weeks Caiden started to talk more while playing with their cat. Aki started to help Caiden out with his homework and taught him a few easy meals he could make on his own.
On Christmas his father was away again and Aki came over to invite him to her place for a celebration. After dinner the family gave him a present. He opened the package and found a small black and white kitten mewing at him. The next day his father found the kitten and scolded him for bringing such a dirty creature into his house. His father shoved the pet into Caiden’s hand and ordered him to get rid of it. Caiden knocked on Aki’s door and explained with pain that he could not keep the kitten. Aki took the kitten from him and said they would take care of the cat for him. Caiden thanked her and went back home.
Two months later Caiden’s father was sent to Tokyo, Japan for work. Caiden never saw his kitten again. His father was still busy with work and rarely came home. Caiden eventually developed a wall in his mind. He became indifferent in his life. Caiden developed an addiction to sweets, preferably lollipops. He was rarely seen with out on in his mouth. Most of his classmates would stray away from him thinking he was a smoker and therefore a troublemaker. Most teachers never confronted him about any of these rumors and let him be. He became the shadow of his class. No one really paid much attention to him and he didn’t really mind. He was the outcast at school; no one would talk to him. He did wear the jacket to school, but not the paw. He didn't really care what people thought about him. Considering no one talked to him he has no idea if they thought he was an otaku or not, but it sounds like it might've been one of the rumors about him. Caiden ended his education after high school.
He found a nice job at a flower shop as well as a few additional random occupations on the side. After two years of working he noticed that some of the mail that used to go to his father started to have his name on it. He tried to call his father about the situation but could not reach him. He called the companies and found out his father left the house and all the bills to Caiden. His father never came back to the house. Caiden was able to keep up with the payments by talking to his boss about a raise. From that point on Caiden worked at the flower shop four days a week and find other small jobs during the other three.
Close relationships: none
Current occupation (if applicable): odd jobs (i.e. house sitting, cleaning shops, finding lost pets, etc.) and has a part-time job at a floral shop
Gang (if applicable): no gang
Strengths: hard working, his endurance
Weaknesses: making friends, his father, sweets, cats
Fears/Insecurities: abandonment issues
Dislikes: sour food, snakes, people jumping out at him, people taking his candy
Driving force: the memories of his mother
Hobbies: walking through the city and parks, sleeping under trees, singing, playing with kitties,

Describe your character in three words: indifferent, catlike, wanderer
If your character were stranded on an island and could only bring two things with them, what would they be?: sweets and a full bedspread
If your character could change anything about themselves, what would they change?: he would be a cat instead of human
Your character opens their fridge; what do they see?: soda, candy, chocolate, with some veggies and fruits

Sample Roleplay:
Caiden walked around Ikebukuro looking for a place to grab a snack after finishing his work at the flower shop. He walked into a small convenience store and bought a bag of lollipops. He put the purchase into his bag and continued on his way to find somewhere to eat. After not finding a place that satisfied him, Caiden sat under a tree pulled out his new bag of candy and started to eat it.

After eating half the bag, Caiden got up and started to head to the train station. He was not even past a block when a cat came out of now where and mewed at him. Caiden looked down at the small creature before kneeling down and putting the kitty’s head. The cat started to purr and come closer. Caiden sat down and brought the creature into his lap. He messaged its paws and scratched under its chin. After one minute the cat let out a growl and bit down on his finger before jumping out of his lap and running away. Caiden sighed and got up off the ground and continued down the walkway toward the station.

YOU AS A PERSON: [You only need to add this to your first OC application~]

Name: Rachel
Age (if you're comfortable): 19
Experience: completely new
Location (if you're comfortable): California
Anything else you'd like to add?: I’ve never been in a site like this and I’ve never thought of role-playing with others. But after attempting an rp once I found it fun and would like to practice more. lol! Please bear with me as this is all entirely new and out of my comfort zone.

Last edited by AliceMochizuki on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juu
Admin
Juu

Alice's OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice's OC   Alice's OC I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:17 am

Hey Rachel! :D Happy to see you here with an OC! I only have a few questions on parts of your application before Caiden is accepted.

• "His is around 5’9 maybe 6’0"

There are 12 inches in a foot xD so he's either 5'9 or 6'0, they aren't exactly close (it's a 3-inch difference). Also, considering he's 130-135 lbs, I would suggest you put his height at 5'9 since it would put him at the lower end of the average Body Mass Index — I know he's thin, but muscle weighs, and if you have him at that weight with 6 ft tall, he'd be underweight.

• "He might give them sweets without even speaking to them. He doesn’t seem to really know how to express himself."

I just want some clarification here. If he loves sweets so much, why would he give them to other people? Is it the only way he expresses himself, the only way he can really find connections with people? If so, the sentences here were slightly disjointed and didn't seem to correlate.

• "No one really paid much attention to him and he didn’t really mind."

I would think this is true only if he didn't wear the whole cat ears and the kitty paw to school. Did he? Because that's pretty attention-grabbing. If he didn't, that's fine. Also, does Caiden get mistaken for an otaku when he is wearing them?

You can answer these in a new reply, but once they're OK'd, you'll have to edit them into your original application. Thank you :D <3
Back to top Go down
http://starscrossed.tumblr.com/
AliceMochizuki

Alice's OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice's OC   Alice's OC I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:47 pm

^^; you know I can be indecisive about certain things.

first question:
Caiden is 5'9

second:
He loves candy but if he is in love with someone he would give up candy as a form of his loyalty (if that makes sense.) It's sort of like how a cat will bring its kill to its owners as a sign of affection. The cat wants to eat it but will gladly give it away to prove its love for the owner.

Third:
Yes he did wear the jacket to school, but not the paw. He didn't really care what people thought about him. When I said no one paid attention to him I meant more like he was the outcast at school; no one would talk to him. Considering no one talked to him he has no idea if they thought he was an otaku or not, but it sounds like it might've been one of the rumors about him.
Back to top Go down
Juu
Admin
Juu

Alice's OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice's OC   Alice's OC I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:50 pm

Awesome, looks great! Accepted :D <3
Back to top Go down
http://starscrossed.tumblr.com/
AliceMochizuki

Alice's OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice's OC   Alice's OC I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:48 pm

YAY^^ thanks for helping me out <33
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alice's OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice's OC   Alice's OC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice's OC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Where the people are nicer... :: Community :: Rules and Information :: Character Submissions-
Jump to: